Solicitation of a prostitute is illegal in all 50 states. Anyone who is found guilty of picking up a prostitute in exchange for sexual relations is guilty of this crime. If you are arrested for the crime, the potential punishments if you are found guilty may frighten you. Potential consequences include:
· The most concerning aspect of an arrest for soliciting a prostitute is the embarrassment that it causes. Your name may appear in the local newspaper, on television, and on social media. Friends, family, coworkers, and people in the community can easily learn from the arrest and it may turn life upside down.
· Want to attend a john school diversion program? Some judges may order this class rather than order jail time for some people who are convicted of the charge. The diversion program may be available online.
· Fines are a part of any arrest and conviction. The courts must receive their portion of costs for hearing the case. Fines for this matter vary but be prepared to pay the amounts.
· Probation is also something that may result if you are found guilty of this change. You may or may not have a probation officer, depending on the judge’s orders, but there are always monthly fees are initiated.
· Jail time is yet another worry that can result after being charged with this crime this is especially true if it is not your first arrest for this charge.
· Anyone who accesses your criminal record or background information has access to this information, which may cause trouble when it’s time to get a job or housing.
Prostitution is a crime, no matter how you look at it or what angle you are involved. Getting arrested for soliciting a prostitute comes with many consequences, especially for anyone found guilty of the charge. The consequences listed here are among those risks.